|Posted by Boyd Harrison on January 17, 2015 at 11:50 AM|
RECEIVE A Scholarship WORTH $500
DEAD LINE IS APRIL 4.
1. Type a one page double spaced introduction, including the following information:
(c.) Phone number
(e.) Parent/Guardians name
(f.) Relationship to D.V.C. member
(g.) School planning to attend
(h.) Proposed occupation or profession
2. List courses taken and grades received Senior Year; extracurricular activities, indicating positions of leadership; special activities or honors you have received; any hobbies and/or special interest. Please include a transcript.
3. Include the names, occupations and phone numbers of two people who would be able to give a character reference.
4. Provide a one-page essay explaining why you should receive a scholarship. Please include any involvment in DVC activities.
5. Enclose a letter of recommendation from a teacher.
Mail by APRIL 4 to:
14926 70th St West
Reynolds, Il 61279
If your family member has been in good standing the past 3 years and you plan to attend a university, community college, trade or technical school or other similar post-high school educational institute, you are eligible to apply for one of five $500.00 scholarships awarded by Deer Valley Collectors.
A specific academic area is not required, but preference will be given to those enrolling in agricultural and/or mechanical fields.
The scholarship committee will review all applicants and submit them to the Board of Directors for final approval. Anyone may re-apply if not selected the year prior.
Recipients will be notified prior to graduation and certificates awarded at the D.V.C. Family Picnic in June. The $500.00 check will be made out and mailed to the institute identified in (g.) above with the recipient noted.
For information contact:
Boyd Harrison 309-372-8252
APPLICATIONS MUST BE RECEIVED BY